Saturday, March 31, 2007

Snow White

Today Aunt Caroline died.

She was my grandmas sister and she was beautiful.

One thing I can always remember her by is what she used to call me when I was little: Snow white. I had short black hair and pale white skin back then and she'd always pick me up and ask me if I've played with the seven midgets lately....yeah midgets (haha). She always wore a smile and her hair was ALWAYS put up on her head in giant curls that never fell. Her favorite color was rose, like on the advent wreath.

I hope God took her into his care and she is happy now. She was sick far too long and now she can finally lye peacefully.

I'll pray for you Uncle Bob, to stay strong and stay content knowing that her suffering is over.

Now I'll go back to the birthday party that we're having right now and try to wear that smile abuelita needs.

It's funny....mexican families. Someone passes and it's just another opportunity to come together and eat(haha). I suppose the mourning will come as it will.

I'll appreciate the prayers for her.

No comments: