Friday, March 30, 2007

American literacy

So I was on mi aspacio pretty early this morning because, sweet hoseph do I actually have a life aside from band and starbucks! Anywho...I noticed that this girl, who happens to be a good friend of mine could not spell if her life depended on it!

Here's a brief excerpt from one of her messages:

*Note: names have been changed for the saftey of the persons

" So I was just like, "[Doris], you can't just keep telling people about my personel busness because its non of you're concern... She really screwed my hole life up and I was just all now non of my friends are gonna talk to me!...don't you aggree?"

MY GOD!!!! I mean...are you serious!!! Let's look at the errors here: "Personel"(which is really spelt personell) should be used as personAl unless you are talking about a group of people associated to a project or job. Busness has an "i", non is spelt NONE, and you're is YOU ARE stupid! (I believe she's looking for the possessive YOUR). Hole refers to a opening through something or an area where something is missing. I thinking she wants WHOLE. Then there is NON again and a clean finish with the ever so popular AGGREE. This one in particular ticks me off because she always spells it wrong! I mean, she's done this on numerous occasions! I've even gone so far as to use the word with the CORRECT spelling at least five times in the same message so that perhaps she'll realize her faults and buy an adult version of Hooked on Phonics (Which I'm sure she would spell "Whoked on Foniks."

Another thing that has my just busted is that she has the audacity...the unmedicated GALL to poke fun at other people who can't spell, (you know)Antidisestablishmententarianism correctly.

Could one assume that I'm being rather unfair and judgmental because I too have grammatical errors? Yes. But then I would have to send the accuser a minimum of three letters this girl sent me and see if they could last two days without contemplation of homocide, suicide, or mass genocide!

So if there's a hit man or sniper or, let's just say, ANYONE who would like to kill this girl I have the address. Let me know. We'll be in touch.

Please help me Lord.

No comments: